Welcome!

This forum is a sounding board for a range of issues facing eastern Boulder County. I will prompt discussions with my posts and elected officials can tap into the concerns of citizens here, and explain their rationale on decisions. Follow along with the latest discussion by checking the list of recent comments on the right. You can comment with your name, a nickname or anonymously if you wish. You can become a contributor as well. Thank you for your comments!
Latest Post:

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nothing Going On In Longmont - Yet

On Friday Longmont cancelled the April 17 City Council meeting. I mention it only because it stands out: they also cancelled one last month. I don't notice such cancellations from other East BoCo communities; perhaps such flexibility is a good thing.

I was looking to see if the Council had approved another $27k survey for 2007 at their meeting last Tuesday, and here's an article today about it.

I mentioned the potential opens space tax extension last week - this survey may ask about such an issue and gauge it's importance to residents. Getting a more scientific analysis of issues will be helpful for the Council, as well as any Council candidates that may run for the seats that will be up for election in November. Mayor Julia Pirnack and Councilors Doug Brown, Marty Block and Fred Wilson's terms all end this year.

Four out of seven new faces? Or more of the same?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mayor Pirnack is term-limited out, my bet is she goes for higher office in '08, State Rep or Senator. The other 3, if they run, have yet to really face any opposition. For Mayor? I've always figured Brown wanted it, but my money is elsewhere.