Welcome!

This forum is a sounding board for a range of issues facing eastern Boulder County. I will prompt discussions with my posts and elected officials can tap into the concerns of citizens here, and explain their rationale on decisions. Follow along with the latest discussion by checking the list of recent comments on the right. You can comment with your name, a nickname or anonymously if you wish. You can become a contributor as well. Thank you for your comments!
Latest Post:

Friday, February 09, 2007

Comment on a Lowe's Flyer

Councilor Kerry Bensman has asked how my comment on a pro-Lowe's flyer came about. I haven't seen it yet, however I hope it is an accurate approximation of my opinions stated here and elsewhere. I was contacted by someone who had read this blog and asked if I would be willing to provide a comment for such a purpose. I agreed, after checking with city ethics rules. I emphasized my comments were mine alone, and not that of LOSAC's; I trust the comment makes that clear.

I haven't ever met or spoken to Mr. Trumbo, I have no financial interest in Lowe's and I'm proud to have been asked to share my opinion. I think this is an important decision Lafayette is about to make.

I will say I have no control or blanket support for Lowe's messaging techniques. The "Friends and Neighbors" schict is transparent and probably causing more harm than good, at least as far as the phone poll goes. When the person calling pronounces it "Wah-NECK-uh", I'm thinking they don't live 'round these parts.

By the way, Janice Moore and Kim Andresky had a letter to the editor that was right on point. Be sure to catch all the comments in the Lafayette News editorial page (they say vote Yes on A)

No comments: